Re: Fix FSF address in copyright notices?

On Tue, 10 May 2011 21:13:34 -0700
Matt Kraai <kraai@ftbfs.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some of the copyright notices in a package I'm trying to create refer
> to the old address of the FSF and lintian warns about it.  Should I
> fix this address?  If so, should I fix it in both the copyright file
> and the source code?  Or in only one place?

You should not change upstreams copyright notices, but you should mail
them and ask them to correct them (if they use the wrong address they
can probably update the years covered at the same time).
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au