Re: RFS: scriptutils
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I took a brief look in your package (however I can't sponsor you anyway).
On 10.05.2011 16:33, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> * License : Apache 2 Section
* You claim it would be licensed GPL-3 in your debian/copyright file.
Please fix this to indicate, whatever applies to your project (as you
are upstream as well). While fixing you could use DEP-5 as well .
* Your package FTBS, e.g. see:
STDERR date: invalid date `Fr 23. Sep 03:52:49 CEST 1983'$
STDERR datediff: error(s) reported$
ASSERT <status eq 0>
ERROR assertion <status eq 0> failed
[/home/arno/foo/scriptutils-1.4.0/target/test/datediff.passed] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/arno/foo/scriptutils-1.4.0'
make: *** [debian/stamp-makefile-check] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
* Your control file is incomplete. Please add a more verbose description
and put some actual content to the synopsis. Remember, the synopsis line
is a very short description to advertise what your program is
about. Make it as useful as possible to the reader
* VCS-* fields should point to the Debian VCS where the package is
managed, not upstream, even if this is your own project.
* Your standards version is outdated, please bump to 3.9.2
* I fail to see, why your package would need priority "standard". See
. Moreover this is a policy violation as of § 2.5 since
your dependencies have lower priorities (e.g. gawk).
* Your debian/changelog is incomplete (dude, you didn't even even
replace the bug #XXXXX template)
* Your debian/docs looks wrong. Maybe you wanted to put a newline
between the entries.
* You miss man pages for some of your utilities, the existing ones are
* Your patches are pointless. If you consider this a bug, fix it
upstream but don't change your local source tarball data without good
reason. By the way: The DEP-3 header puts in there automatically, aren't
supposed to keep as they are. Fill out the suggested fields . In fact
it is considered a bad style relying on the quilt package format to
track your changes. Also they shouldn't probably named after your Ubuntu
PPA version ...
* You miss a watch file .
* There are perhaps more thing to add, but I could not build your package.
with kind regards,
GnuPG Key-ID: 0x9D80F36D
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----