Re: RFS: rsplib-2.7.11 (implementation of the IETF RSerPool framework and example applications)

On Friday 06 May 2011 13:32:41 Mahyuddin Susanto wrote:
> On 05/06/2011 04:55 PM, Thomas Dreibholz wrote:
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
> > main contrib non-free
> > - dget
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/rsplib/rsplib_2.7.11-1.dsc
> >
> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> I'm now DD but here is my review:
>  - debian/control: current Standard-Version is 3.9.2
>  - debian/copyright: Format-Specification is empty.
>  - debian/changelog: I think its better to use "Initial packaging
> (Closes: #nnn)" rather than "Closes Debian ITP bug with wnpp"
>
> and lintian complain:
> N: Processing binary package librsplib2 (version 2.7.11-1) ...
> W: librsplib2: syntax-error-in-debian-changelog line 68 "found trailer

Yes, the debian/changelog could be improved a bit.

I'd also like to add that some binaries with too generic names like [1] are
being brought to the system by rsplib-tools package. These might look
convenient, but are likely to clash (as in a file name conflict) sooner or later
on whatever system or distribution.

Other than that, the style looks impressive, and I wish we could have more
packages like that in the Debian archive. Unfortunately I can't upload that,
as I'm not familiar with RSerPool (and that implementation in particular) nor
I could perform any sensible testing of it. I really hope you find a proper
sponsor(s).

[1]
/usr/bin/terminal
/usr/bin/server

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>