Re: RFS: hiredis - Minimalistic C client library for Redis

On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 06:34:08PM +0100, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "hiredis".
> >
> > * Package name    : hiredis
> >   Version         : 0.9.2-1
> >   Upstream Author : Salvatore Sanfilippo <antirez@gmail.com>
> > * URL             : https://github.com/antirez/hiredis
> > * License         : BSD-3-Clause
> >   Section         : libs
> >
> [...]
>
> The package looks mostly fine,

Thanks for reviewing. I've uploaded to mentors.d.n a new version of the
package based on the new upstream release (0.10.0).

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
  contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/h/hiredis/hiredis_0.10.0-1.dsc

Some other "major" changes have been the bump to Standards-Verion 3.9.2,
the inclusion of the pkg-config file made by Andriy Senkovych, some patches
have been reworked (mainly to reflect upstream sources), and the rename of
the -dev package from libhiredis0-dev to libhiredis-dev.

Could you please review the new version as well?

> just one major problem: all files in adapter/ and
> the example* and test.c files lack both copyright and license information.
> Please persuade upstream to get this fixed.

I'm going to contact upstream as soon as possible. Thanks for the pointer.
What would be a viable solution? I mean, is a new upstream release needed,
or just a statement from the upstream author (e.g. on the project's
bugtracker, to which d/copyright will point) is enough? The second solution
does not exlude the first of course (the files will be fixed in a
subsequent release) but would permit the package to enter Debian without
waiting and to not block other packages that depend on this (e.g. webdis
which is an ITP).

Cheers

--
perl -E'$_=q;$/= @{[@_]};and s;\S+;<inidehG ordnasselA>;eg;say~~reverse'