Re: RFS: python-crypto (adopting package, fixes FTBFS)

On 04/09/2011 12:41 AM, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Sebastian Ramacher <s.ramacher@gmx.at>, 2011-03-18, 12:32:
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-crypto/python-crypto_2.3-1.dsc
>>

> I won't sponsor your package (sorry, I feel deep antipathy towards dh_python2),
> but here's my quick review:

First of all: thank you for the review. This was very insightful to me.

I'm sorry that I forgot about the thread here. Andreas offered to sponsor the
package. I'm going to ask him to wait until the issues pointed out by you are fixed.

Out of curiosity: what are the pros and cons of dh_python2 and where do
dh_pysupport and dh_python2 differ? In view of #617001 I thought I'd stick with
the successor of dh_pycentral.

> * Please consider joining Debian Python Modules Team[0] and maintaining the
> package with us.
>
> * Build-dependency on python-setuptools and python-support(!?) was added, but
> it's not documented in the changelog.
>
> * You can drop "Breaks: ${python:Breaks}", dh_python2 don't fill in this
> variable anymore.
>
> * The upstream provides a test suite. Could you please run it at build time
> (ideally, with all supported Python versions)?

Sure.

> * My build log contains a series of warnings like:
> | In /build/python-crypto-1B0XXA/python-crypto-2.3/lib/Crypto/Random/
> | __init__.py:
> | Import failed (but source code parsing was successful).
> |     Error: ImportError: cannot import name SHA256 (line 29)
>
> Maybe you need to set PYTHONPATH while running epydoc?

I'm going to try that.

> * Moving python-dbg from Depends to Recommends didn't help, as the final
> dependency look like this:
> python-crypto (= 2.3-1), libc6 (>= 2.3.6-6~), libgmp10, python2.6-dbg |
> python2.5-dbg, python-dbg (>= 2.5), python-dbg (<< 2.7)
>
> I suppose that dh_python2 "helpfully" generated the dependency for you...
>
> * Why python-crypto-doc is "Priority: extra"?

A copy and paste error once again. Thanks for spotting this.

> [0] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam/HowToJoin

Kind regards,
--
Sebastian Ramacher