Re: upstream source contains .gif files

Paul Elliott <pelliott@blackpatchpanel.com> writes:

> Never mind, I found out that patent expired....

I didn't think you were referring to the Unisys patent on GIF. Yes, that
patent has expired long ago (but GIF is still obsoleted by PNG, and I
usually encourage upstream to replace them).

What I thought you were referring to was that the images were a binary
form and the “preferred form for making modifications” wasn't included,
hence making the source package non-free. Is that the case for this
package?

--
 \       “bash awk grep perl sed, df du, du-du du-du, vi troff su fsck |
  `\                     rm * halt LART LART LART!” —The Swedish BOFH, |