Re: FAIL: Package purging left files on system:

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 05:21:55PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
>   I am trying to fix the following errors on the dcmtk package:
>
> 0m18.3s ERROR: FAIL: Package purging left files on system:
>   /var/lib/dcmtk	 not owned
>   /var/lib/dcmtk/db	 not owned
>
> /var/lib/dcmtk/db is a special directory. This is the location where
> incoming DICOM files are stored on disk. So this directory should IMHO
> only be removed when the user really understand what it does. when and
> how should I remove this directory ?

Add a postrm script that checks if the user is really purging your
package (check if [ "$1" = 'purge' ]) and, if so, remove the directory,
assuming that the user who specifically issued a purge request really
understands what she's doing to the package and all of its data files :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net roam@FreeBSD.org peter@packetscale.com
This sentence every third, but it still comprehensible.