Re: RFS: mail-notification (RC bug fix, NMU with maintainer's approval)

Hi Sven,

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:26:23 +0100, Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:36:30PM +0100, Stephen Kitt wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 5.4.dfsg.1-2.4
> > of my package "mail-notification". This is an NMU approved by LUI Qi, the
> > current maintainer.
>
> Uploaded. I hope it works cause I can't test the evolution part ...

Thanks! I did make a point of testing mail-notification with evolution 2.32
before uploading the package to mentors.debian.net, and it works fine at
least on my machine.

> Please consider
> a) setting up a team VCS so that you can co-maintain it properly

Qi has taken care of that already, we haven't had time to get organised
properly yet.

> and
> b) forking it with some people from other distros to handle the growing
>    patchset in a more pleasant way.

I had thought of that too, I'll at least try to get in touch with Jean-Yves
Lefort (the original upstream author).

> Usually I would offer help at least for a) but I'm busy and/or offline for
> the next weeks.

No problem, it won't be necessary this time round!

Regards,

Stephen