Re: ubuntu keyring?

On Mar 13, 2011, at 5:19 AM, Harald Dunkel wrote:
I am trying to setup a pbuilder environment for mixed amd64 and i386.
Google pointed me to this page:

	https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto

Seems that Ubuntu provides the Debian keyring as well. According to this page this makes Ubuntu a very powerful package development platform for
both Ubuntu _and Debian.

I have Ubuntu on my Laptop, but of course I would prefer to keep Debian
as the base platform for package development. What would you suggest
how to include the Ubuntu keyring into Debian?

Download the source archive for it, build it locally, then install it. That's what I did for my local systems, for similar reasons...

1) dget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/u/ubuntu-keyring/ ubuntu-keyring_2010.+09.30.dsc 2) Used debuild to build the package locally. Used debsign on the resulting files. 3) Installed that package where I needed it, including to my local package repository.

Robert James Clay
jame@rocasa.us