Re: extra licenses

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Kete <frenzface@yahoo.com> wrote:

> These are actually warnings:
> W: icecat: extra-license-file usr/lib/icecat-3.6.15/LICENSE
> W: icecat: extra-license-file usr/lib/icecat-3.6.15/extensions/https-everywhere@eff.org/LICENSE.txt
> W: icecat: extra-license-file usr/lib/icecat-3.6.15/extensions/privacy_features@gnuzilla.gnu.org/COPYING
> Thanks, Nick, by the way, this is my first attempt at building a deb, and since it's near the end of my spring break, it will probably be the last one for a while.

Those tags are in the binary package, not the source package. See:
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/extra-license-file.html

It's saying that you are installing a license file into
usr/lib/icecat-2.6.15/LICENSE

Unless there is some clause in the license requiring that it be
present there, we usually use the debian/copyright files to be the one
source of all copyright information of a package. If your copyright
info is in debian/copyright, you don't have to install the COPYING,
LICENSE, and LICENSE.txt files at all.

something like dh_install -XLICENSE would do to make sure you aren't
installing it.

Cheers,
Scott