Re: RFS: antennavis (updated package - resolves FTBFS with binutils-gold)

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 04:54:37PM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:

Hi,

> I don't know what kind of change we are talking about here, but I
> certainly disagree with your "never ever!". Sometimes there are
> valid reasons to amend existing changelog entries; please see
> Developers Reference 5.1 for an example.

Hmpf, yes indeed. There had to be an exception, thanks.

But I personally disagree with the exception. Even in case of CVE
numbers or similar things that's still some information that didn't
exist in the past so IMO it shouldn't be added there. If needed one
should add it to a new changelog entry for a new revision but not
edit some past entries already in the wild.
Donno if I'm alone with this opinion and I'm not eager to fight it
with claws here. ;)

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.