Re: RFS: mail-notification (updated package)

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 01:15:17AM +0100, Stephen Kitt wrote:

Hi,

> Note that I should soon be a DM, so if you do sponsor my package and deem it
> appropriate, I'd appreciate a DMUA field. (This is my third NMU of this
> package; I'll gladly adopt it once it's orphaned.)

Without some more details this looks rather strange. What's up with the
current maintainer? Is there some agreement that he'll orphan the package?
Oh and for a NMU at least the RC bug should've the diff attached and a
message that you plan to NMU etc.

Beside that do you know what's the state of all those patches upstream?
The 'mail-notification' project on launchpad has some 4.0 version from 2010
while the mailnotify page on nongnu.org (from the same author) holds a version
5.4 from 2008 which seems to be what's in the Debian package.

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.