Re: packaging a new qt application with 2 components

On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 23:18 +0100, Lars Buitinck wrote:
> 2011/2/21 Steven <redalert.commander@gmail.com>:
> > The original sources are in a remote SVN repository, the project
> > consists of 2 major components, a 'kernel' and a gui.
> > These 2 projects compile separately, although the resulting binary of
> > the gui component is a single file which also contains the binary code
> > from the 'kernel'.
>
> Is the 'kernel' built as a library? I.e., does its build script
> ultimately produce a .a file?

Yes, looking in the directory, I see a single .a file, starting with
'lib' (also the largest file in there). I guess this means it would be
easiest to create 2 separate packages, while changing the *.pro file for
the gui?
Thus only linking to the 'kernel' instead of making a single binary.

Changing the build procedures shouldn't be a problem for upstream.

Thank you for your response.
Kind regards,
Steven