Re: RFS: dropbox

Vincent Cheng <vincentc1208@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear mentors,

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "dropbox". This package was
> previously in Debian's repositories (its former maintainer was Ivan
> Borzenkov <ivan1986@list.ru>), but it was removed due to unresolved
> issues with licensing. I have edited debian/copyright and fixed the
> issues mentionned in a few bug reports, to the best of my abilities,
> and am willing to fix any further issues identified in the package.

What is the distribution license for dropbox?  How do you know this?

I mentioned in the bugs you list that the upstream source doesn't
mention any distribution license for dropbox.  Without a distribution
license, debian cannot distribute this software in any repository
(including non-free).

in your debian/copyright you have this:

Files: amd64/dropbox amd64/dropboxd amd64/icons/* i386/dropbox i386/dropboxd i386/icons/*
Copyright: 2008-2011 Dropbox, Inc.
License: Proprietary
 Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Dropbox, Inc. All rights reserved.

We need the complete text of the license.  "Proprietary" is not enough.

bye,
stew