RFS: apt-show-versions (NMU, perl)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my non-maintainer upload of
package "apt-show-versions" to DELAYED/<something>.

* Package name    : apt-show-versions
  Version         : 0.16+nmu1
  Upstream Author : Christoph Martin <christoph.martin@.uni-mainz.de>
    (he is also the maintainer of this package)
* License         : GPL-2
  Section         : admin

It builds these binary packages:
apt-show-versions - lists available package versions with distribution

The upload would fix this bug 612765 [0], which fixes the inability of
a-s-v to parse the InRelease files APT downloads since version 0.8.11
if available (which is true for at least the debian archive).
The result is that the default output shows:
apt/unknown uptodate 0.8.11.5
Note the 'unknown' as it can't find the Release file to parse the codename.
So the bug isn't critical at all, "just" annoying for a user and depending
on your user pattern could be severity 'important'…
(given that it breaks the usecase depicted in the short description)

I am not a perl programmer nor even a regular user of a-s-v, so i would
prefer if someone with at least a bit of perl knowledge could have a look,
through the fix is just a trivial one line change.

I have also fixed a few lintian warnings in this upload to make the package
a bit more robust, but i am free to remove them if a sponsor would prefer it.

Looking at the other packages of the Maintainer it seems like he is
unfortunately MIA btw.

(And to make it clear: I don't intend to adopt/take over this package.)

main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/apt-show-versions/apt-show-versions_0.16+nmu1.dsc

Kind regards
 David Kalnischkies