Re: Init scripts as conffiles

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Tony Houghton wrote:
> I was wondering, why are init scripts installed as conffiles? Is
> there a good reason other than that they're in /etc and nobody
> bothered to make an exception in debhelper?

Anything that is in /etc should be editable by the admin, and changes
respected. If that's not the case, then either it's a bug that the
changes aren't respected, or it's a bug that the file is in /etc in
the first place.

Whether this is done by making the file a conffile or otherwise
handling it manually is orthogonal. See Policy §10.7 et al.

Don Armstrong

--
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on
society.