Re: RFS: pencil

Hi, David,

thanks for your interest in Debian.

I am not a DD, but I will try to give you some comments on your package.

1) orig.tar.gz should contain the folder pencil-1.2.0/, and there
should be all other files. All of your files are in "root" of the
tarball.
2) lintian over your .dsc file with -IE --pedantic option gives
warnings, which is better to fix:
      I: pencil source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
      W: pencil source: debhelper-but-no-misc-depends pencil
      W: pencil source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.4 (current is 3.9.1)
3) patch debian-changes-1.2.0-1, perhaps, is created automatically,
please, check it. If it is not, please, follow DEP-3 to make it more
readable [1]
4) it is better to make the copyright-file according to DEP-5 machine
readable format [2]
5) New upload should fix ITP-bug [3]
6) I could not build your package in unstable with pbuilder, please
check your package in clean environment:

dpkg-source: info: building pencil in pencil_1.2.0-1.debian.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: building pencil in pencil_1.2.0-1.dsc
 debian/rules build
dh build
   dh_testdir
   dh_auto_configure
   dh_auto_build
	make -j1
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/buildd/pencil-1.2.0'
if test -d /usr/bin/; then \
		echo "Directory /usr/bin/ exists, nothing to do"; \
	else \
		mkdir --parents /usr/bin/; \
	fi
Directory /usr/bin/ exists, nothing to do
\
	if [ -d /usr/share/pencil/ ]; then \
		echo "Directory /usr/share/pencil/ exists, nothing to do"; \
	else \
		mkdir --parents /usr/share/pencil/; \
	fi
mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/share/pencil/': Permission denied
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/pencil-1.2.0'
dh_auto_build: make -j1 returned exit code 2
make: *** [build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
E: Failed autobuilding of package
I: unmounting /var/cache/pbuilder/ccache filesystem
I: unmounting dev/pts filesystem
I: unmounting proc filesystem
I: cleaning the build env
I: removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//1899 and its subdirectories

If you have any other questions, I will try to answer.

Cheers,

Anton

[1] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/
[2] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/