RE: RFS: cr3
Unfortunately, nobody is still interested in sponsoring of Cool Reader...
Additional details about cr3 (a kind of advertizing):
* Formats: epub (non-DRM), fb2, txt, rtf, html, chm, tcr formats
supported, can read books directly from zip archives
* Most complete FB2 format support: styles, tables, footnotes
* Styles can be customized in wide range using external CSS (subset of
CSS2 and CSS3)
* Hyphenation dictionaries (from AlReader or FBReader)
* Pages or scroll view
* Table of contents
* Text search
* Recent books list
* Bookmarks (including comments or corrections for text range)
* Automatic reformatting of .txt files (autodetect headings etc.)
* Customizable look & feel, font face/size/weight, colors for text and
background, images for backgrounds (tiled or stretched)
* Font kerning, anti-aliasing
* Optional floating punctuation on right text bound for justified text
(punctuation and hyphenation signs moved outside right text block bound, for
better visual alignment)
CoolReader can be considered as competitor of FBReader.
Provides features missing in FBReader: tables, footnotes, CSS styles.
There are also versions for e-ink based readers (Hanlin V3/V5/V3+/V60,
Azbooka (Hanvon N516+OpenInkpot), Android, Symbian (SmartReader viewer is
based on CoolReader). Desktop version can be built with wxWidgets based
frontend instead of Qt based one.
Screenshots are available on http://www.coolreader.org/
From: Vadim Lopatin [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 4:02 PM
To: 'Anton Gladky'
Subject: RE: RFS: cr3
I've fixed lintinan pedantic findings, changed target to unstable, wrote
The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
- URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cr3
- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cr3/cr3_3.0.43-12.dsc
> * code compilation complains about warnings, some of them can be
serious (it is up to you)
I've checked warnings and found nothing serious. Will clean them up later.
I have some questions.
Some parts of source package are really not used for debian build (e.g.
wxWidgets frontend, Android frontend, snapshots of zlib, libjpeg, libpng,
Is it ok to leave them in source package?
Should I add licensing details to debian/copyright for zlib, libjpeg,
libpng, libfreetype libraries? (not used in debian build)
From: Anton Gladky [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: RFS: cr3
I am not a DD, but maybe my advices will help you to make your package
* it is better to create machine-readable copyright-file according to
* changelog field says, that you want to upload your package to lucid,
but you should change it to "unstable" or "experimental" (you are
uploading to Debian, not directly yo Ubuntu)
* watch-file has a lot of commented code
* source package contains no warnings and errors. But when you use
lintian with "-IE --pedantic" flags after building a package, there
are some of them:
lintian -IE --pedantic cr3_3.0.43-11_i386.changes
P: cr3: no-upstream-changelog
I: cr3: package-contains-empty-directory usr/share/cr3/docs/
I: cr3: package-contains-empty-directory usr/share/cr3/skins/default/
I: cr3: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/bin/cr3 avaliable available
* code compilation complains about warnings, some of them can be
serious (it is up to you)
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Vadim Lopatin <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "cr3".
> * Package name : cr3
> Version : 3.0.43-11
> Upstream Author : Vadim Lopatin <email@example.com>
> * URL : http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/
> * License : GPL2
> Section : text
> It builds these binary packages:
> cr3 - e-book reader
> The package appears to be lintian clean.
> My motivation for maintaining this package is the fact that users like
> this app and would be glad to see it in Debian.
> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> - URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cr3
> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
> Best regards,
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-mentors-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/1297111996.2082.5.camel@lve-laptop
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-mentors-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
- RFS: cr3
- From: Vadim Lopatin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Re: RFS: cr3
- From: Anton Gladky <email@example.com>