Re: update-rc.d and rare start/stop runlevels

onsdag den 26 januari 2011 klockan 16:06 skrev Russ Allbery detta:
> Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> writes:
>
> > However, update-rc.d disagrees vividly with me (and possibly
> > also insserv), since it prefers to call aloud
>
> >    update-rc.d: warning: downtimed start runlevel arguments (2 3 4 5)
> >         do not match LSB Default-Start values (S)
> >    update-rc.d: warning: downtimed stop runlevel arguments (0 1 6)
> >         do not match LSB Default-Stop values (0 6)
>
> > Am I in error, or is there a proper way of silencing these
> > warning messages?
>
> That warning message means that the existing symlinks on your system do
> not match what you asked the package to create.  They're intentional to
> inform the local system administrator that the package wants a different
> set of symlinks and they may want to update theirs.  (The symlinks are
> considered local configuration, so the package doesn't update them
> automatically.)
>
> If you had never installed the package before, I'm fairly sure you
> wouldn't get that message.

That cannot be the answer, since the package is in this very moment
being developed to satify an ITP, thus is completely new. On the
other hand,

    $ find /etc -type l -name \*downtimed

    /etc/rc0.d/K01downtimed
    /etc/rcS.d/S20downtimed
    /etc/rc6.d/K01downtimed

proves that the intended links have been successfully created,
in spite of the aforementioned warnings from update-rc.d.

Regards,
  Mats E Andersson, DM