Re: update-rc.d and rare start/stop runlevels

In <[🔎] 20110126222650.GA26042@mea.homelinux.org>, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
>I am packaging `downtimed`, a daemon for the recording of
>system downtimes. Taking its purpose into account the obvious
>start and stop runlevels are:
>
>    Default-Start :  S
>    Default-Stop  :  0 6
>
>since the daemon should be running as long as ever possible.
>
>However, update-rc.d disagrees vividly with me (and possibly
>also insserv), since it prefers to call aloud
>
>   update-rc.d: warning: downtimed start runlevel arguments (2 3 4 5)
>        do not match LSB Default-Start values (S)
>   update-rc.d: warning: downtimed stop runlevel arguments (0 1 6)
>        do not match LSB Default-Stop values (0 6)
>
>Am I in error, or is there a proper way of silencing these
>warning messages?

How are you calling update-rc.d?  These warning messages indicate to me that
update-rc.d is complaining that you've asked it to install S* links in
rc{2,3,4,5}.d and K* links in rc{0,1,6}.d but that the init script expects
something different, namely what you've listed in the script.