Re: RFS: faenza-icon-theme

Hi Adnan,

Le lundi 24 janv. 2011 à 04:09:00 (+0100), Adnan Hodzic a écrit :
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "faenza-icon-theme".
>
> * Package name    : faenza-icon-theme
>   Version         : 0.8-1
>   Upstream Author : Matthieu James matthieu.james@gmail.com
> * URL             : http://tiheum.deviantart.com/art/Faenza-Icons-173323228
> * License         : GPL3
>   Section         : gnome
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> faenza-icon-theme - Faenza Icon Theme

As I use this icon theme, I had a quick look at your package, here are my
comments.

Why have you chosen to repack the upstream tarball? Your package doesn't
contain the upstream changelog, nor the README which lists some known
problems and might be useful for the end user.
You might also want to ship the emesene theme as a separate package.

Your package doesn't set the distributor-logo nor the start-here icon, which
might be nice to have.

In the description, "Gnome" should be written in uppercase: it is an acronym
for GNU Object Model Environment.

btw is this theme specific to GNOME or can it be used with other desktop
environments?

If so, you might want to check with the GNOME team whether your package
should be renamed to follow a naming scheme (looking at what is already in
the archive, it could be gnome-*-icon-theme or gnome-icon-theme-*).

wrt copyright information: you state the icons are shipped under the GPL
version 3 or later. As far as I could check, it is shipped under the GPL
version 3 only.

Also, your copyright file doesn't fully respect the DEP-5 format, check the
output of the DEP-5 validator/parser [0].

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Julien

[0] http://ddumont.wordpress.com/2011/01/13/debian-copyright-dep5-parsereditorvalidatormigrator-is-released/

--
  ,''`.  Julien Valroff ~ <julien@kirya.net> ~ <julien@debian.org>
 : :' :  Debian Developer & Free software contributor