RFR/RFS: trafficserver - a fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant, caching proxy

Dear mentors,
this is a re-post as I did accidentally file my last request as
follow-up. If you did already notice it quite a few days ago please
ignore this mail.

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "trafficserver". As first step
I am happy on anyone who is reviewing my package and suggesting
improvements though. Feel free to suggest improvements and note things I
should improve.

* Package name    : trafficserver
  Version         : 2.1.5-unstable-1 (to avoid confusion: "unstable" is
upstream's branch name, not related to Debian's unstable branch)
  Upstream Author : The Apache Software Foundation
* URL             : http://trafficserver.apache.org/
* License         : Apache-2 (mostly, see copyright)
  Section         : web

It builds these binary packages:
trafficserver - a fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant
caching proxy
trafficserver-plugin-conf-remap - Apache Traffic Server conf_remap plugin

No-Arch packages:
trafficserver-dev - Apache Traffic Server Software Developers Kit (SDK)

My motivation for maintaining this package is:

I'd like to use this section to introduce you Apache Traffic Server
(ATS) first. The Apache Traffic Server was formerly a commercial product
developed by Inktomi, later acquisted by Yahoo! and now being developed
by the Apache Software Foundation as top level project, as Yahoo!
donated it to the ASF. If you are interested to read more about TS @
Yahoo! and its history, consider reading [1].

As the synopsis line already suggests, TS is known to be fast and
scaling for large setups (e.g. Yahoo! carries 400TB per day with it). It
supports clustering, ICP (used to be) and much more. Moreover it is
extensible and can be used for both, as forward proxy and as reverse proxy.

I am neither affiliated with Yahoo!, nor the Apache Software Foundation,
yet I intend to package Traffic Server for Debian, as I plan to use it
within a content delivery setup of mine as well. As lazy person I do not
want to compile and deploy it from source on my server. Since I have to
package it anyway therefore I think TS could be used by others as well,
therefore I propose it to Debian.

Issues I am aware of (or blame others ;) ):

As explained, the ASF took over development roughly a year ago.
Therefore Traffic Server is undergoing a major code refactoring right
now, causing some issues (e.g. configuration directives not used
anymore, some discrepancies between documentation on the home page and
code, ...). By the way: If you are interested, feel free to contribute
to TS upstream. They are seeking people and are very responsive (they
gave me a lot of feedback for the source code problems I encountered and
fixed or shipped my patches in their SVN trunk within few days).

The package is not lintian clean. This is due to the lack of man pages.
Those are not available (for now), yet upstream is aware of this issue.
Documentation related bugs are postponed for now though on upstream's
development cycle. Lintian gives:

W: trafficserver: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/traffic_cop
W: trafficserver: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/traffic_line
W: trafficserver: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/traffic_logcat
W: trafficserver: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/traffic_logstats
W: trafficserver: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/traffic_manager
W: trafficserver: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/traffic_sac
W: trafficserver: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/traffic_server
W: trafficserver: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/traffic_shell
W: trafficserver-dev: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/tsxs
N: 1 tag overridden (1 error)

I believe it is ok to overrule lintian about "dir-or-file-in-var-run2
since I do take care of the possible volatile file system in the init

I do provide some information and hints how to configure Traffic Server
though. Moreover I am (as you might have already noticed) not a native
English speaker. Hence my documentation my be worth to be reviewed by a
native speaker as well.

The upload would fix these bugs: 609285

- - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
main contrib non-free