Re: RFS: rush

On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 17:47 +0100, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> tisdag den 21 december 2010 klockan 15:05 skrev Jonathan Wiltshire detta:
> > On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 03:37:27PM +0100, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:
> > > However the
> > > watch file doesn't work behind my firewall. The best would be if you add
> > > the passive option to it. I'll upload this package then.
> >
> > Passive mode should not be set in the watch file unless you know that the
> > download site doesn't support active mode. If it can do both, as in this
> > case, you should set passive mode *locally* with the FTP_PASSIVE
> > environment variable or USCAN_PASV in your uscan configuration.
> >
> > Please don't make assumptions about the local site in the watch file.
>
> Interesting point. My Debian-router takes care of connection tracking,
> so I never noticed the side-effect.
 Mine (real Debian box) does / should take care of it as well. I have
"-A INPUT -i eth0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT" in my
iptables chain.

> Anyway, I have modified the watch file to use HTTP instead of FTP.
> The new package has been uploaded to mentors.debian.net and it
> awaits further critisism.
 I didn't mean it as a critism. Uploaded meanwhile.

On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 18:46 +0100, Lars Buitinck wrote:
> Maybe nitpicking here, but wouldn't it be wiser to use
> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/rush/ as the url? When I saw
> gnu.org.ua, the first thing I did was check if this was really an FSF
> site (which it isn't). savannah clearly states that rush "is part of
> the GNU Project".
 Can be, but if you check the homepage of the project[1], the download
area goes to download.gnu.org.ua . This is the official IMHO.

Laszlo/GCS
[1] http://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/projects/rush