Re: RFS: ffmpeg-gui

On 12/19/2010 11:39 PM, Paul Gevers wrote:
Hi Marco,

On 12/19/10 20:57, Marco Bavagnoli wrote:
   Upstream Author : [fill in name and email of upstream]
* URL             : [fill in URL of upstreams web site]
* License         : [fill in]

> You forgot to fill the fields...

ops sorry

  Upstream Author : Marco Bavagnoli <lil.deimos@gmail.com>
* URL             : http://mediadownloader cz cc/?page_id=71
* License         : GPL-3

the cz cc domain is considered spam by debian, so I removed the marks. I didn't know when I made it :(

ffmpeg-gui - frontend for ffmpeg

For potential sponsors, could you elaborate on the differences between
e.g. winff and ffmpeg-gui, as they intend to achieve the same thing and
winff is already in Debian. You might also compare to sinthgunt [1]
which also does the same thing.

Paul
[1] http://code.google.com/p/sinthgunt/

I think winff and sinthgunt are very well done. Compared to mine the second doesn't have full control to parameters. I mean control audio and video bitrate, channels, output video size, number of threads, disable audio or video stream (for example extract to mp3 a song from a video) and so on. It also use the ffmpeg installed presets and presets can be added and edited. winff is very good. My attempt was to make ffmpeg it easier to use by people that usually use it in a terminal, so for advanced parameter a bit of knoweldge is needed. Another thing is that all controls, but the ffmpeg output, are in the main dialog. This is also a frontend used in mediadownloader application (still in search of sponsor) and it will be costantly updated.

thanks for your attention

best regards
Marco