Re: RFS: mosquitto (updated version)

Etienne Millon wrote:

>  - dpkg-shlibdeps and dpkg-gencontrol issue a couple warnings :
>
>    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgcc_s.so.1 could be
>     avoided if "debian/libmosquittopp0/usr/lib/libmosquittopp.so.0"
>     were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its
>     symbols).

libgcc_s.so.1 isn't linked in explicitly by the build scripts, it's
done by g++ itself. I've tried a variety of ways of building the
library to stop it doing it with no success. If you know of a way of
stopping it I'd be happy to include it - it doesn't just affect
Debian. Personally, I'm not sure the warning is correct - I can't see
g++ linking it without reason.

>   - debian/rules : why use "--with quilt" ? The 3.0 format can handle
>     the patch/unpatch logic, and you can drop the build-dep on quilt.

Good point, that was a hold over from when I was still using a 1.0
format package.

>   - debian/watch : the "this is an example" header should probably be
>     removed.

Removed.

Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> wrote:

> Don't use quilt to rename files. Such a patch will become maintenance
> nightmare.
>
> Niether lintian nor Debian Policy care what is the name of the upstream
> changelog in the *source* package. What matters in the name in binary
> package. So just rename it there, or let dh_installchangelogs do it for you.

Yep, fair enough. I couldn't figure out the best way of doing it
before. It turns out the problem was that I'd listed the changelog
file name in mosquitto.docs, so it wasn't getting processed by
dh_installchangelogs.

I've fixed all of the comments, with the exception of the
dpkg-shlibdeps warning. I've uploaded the fixed version.

Thanks,

Roger