Re: RFS: teapot

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 00:05:38 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> Please send your patches upstream if appropriate or reimplement them
> so they are appropriate.

20-manual-path should be fixed upstream in the next release.
10-shared-fltk is a hack to force cmake use the shared libraries for debian (upstream prefers static linking for distribution).

> Why is override_dh_auto_configure needed? It looks like
> dh_auto_configure supports cmake and passes the right params.

cmake builds for a different prefix otherwise (defaulting to /usr/local).
I have little experience with cmake and found little documentation specific to dh. Some other packages I downloaded patch CMakeCache.txt instead in dh_configure. I preferred to call cmake properly instead.

> lintian complaints about the source package:
>
> I: teapot source: duplicate-short-description teapot teapot-gui

Any advice on this? Should I simply put "(FLTK gui)" in the short description?

Thanks for the critics. I will fix the package and re-submit in the next days.