Re: localization & documentation files locations

Hello, Pietro!

2010/11/24 Pietro Battiston <me@pietrobattiston.it>:
[skiped]
>> > If you list your documentation files in debian/pkgname-doc,
>> > then dh_installdocs will do what should be!
>>
>>  debian/pkgname-doc.docs
>

> Yes, that's what I do, files end up in
>
> /usr/share/doc/python-sqlkit-doc
>
> and I don't like that, because as a user I would instead search them
> into
>
> /usr/share/doc/python-sqlkit
>

> But I _do_ want the files to reside in the python-sqlkit-doc package.

This is possible. I've seen such behaviour inside he lilypond-doc package.
Although most of the installed packages on my box provide their
documentation inside the *-doc package(rsyslog-doc, python-django-doc,
qtcreator-doc) or elsewhere in the filesystem(qt4-doc or vim-doc).
Quick look on the lilypond source package showed that there is
something to deal with .doc-base files and some hand work inside
debian/rules.

However I don't know wether this is good way.

--
WBR, Andriy Senkovych