.changes files without source packages

Hello,

Hopefully I have the correct list for this question. If not, I
apologize in advance.

I have a collection of SDK packages we are building using dpkg -b that
we need to distribute to our external developers. Because some of the
libraries come from proprietary code, and others from assets, they
should only be binary packages, not source packages. When trying to
build a .changes file though, dpkg-genchanges -b always complains
about a missing Source field in my control file, even though I though
the -b option meant only binary packages.

Does anyone know how to build a .changes file without having source
packages? I need the .changes file so I can upload the packages to
mini-dinstall.

Daniel Lazzari Jr.
busytester@gmail.com