Re: RFS: packagekit

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:12:47 +0800, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Matthias Klumpp <matthias@nlinux.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "packagekit".
>
> I'd like to applaud your and others efforts on this package, well done.
>
> I don't have time to do ongoing sponsorship but I will attempt to
> review the package this weekend.
Great! Most work to make PackageKit Debian-compliant was done by Daniel
Nicoletti, Richard Hughes, Sebastian Heinlein and many others.
Before you complain about this after review: Do you know a way to disable
the automatic patch creation which was introduced with the 3.0 deb format?
PackageKit updates the documentation and other files during build. This is
not undone in make distclean, so debhelper creates a huge patch in
debian/patches, which is really ugly.
Is there a workaround for this or do I have to live with it?
Thanks,
  Matthias

main contrib non-free
- dget