Re: Package Configuration

Hi,

Chris Baines <cbaines8@gmail.com> writes:
> Sorry for the ambiguous message subject, one of the packages I am
> building creates configuration files in the users home directory.
> However when I purge the package these files do not get deleted.

That is how a package should behave: the package manager must never
touch files in home directories.  Doing so would create undesired
effects on multi-user systems or when the home directory is shared
between systems (in this case the package manager might not even have
write permission there anyway).

Regards,
Ansgar