deb library package

I am suspecious of my rules file  because I made  changes to my
debian/rules and they do not go into effect
So I removed the debian directory  and run  pbuilder from my library
sources directory . There is only the .dsc file
Stiil the pbuilder works as if it sees the original rules file.

Is there any fakeroot environment or else the holds a copy of rules file
from previous builds that pbuilder looks at while running  ?
Can I clean it   ?

thanks

Zvi Dubitzky
Email:dubi@il.ibm.com
IBM Haifa Research Laboratory    Phone: +972-4-8296182
Haifa, 31905, ISRAEL