Re: RFS: python3-postgresql

Hello,

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 17:28, William Grzybowski
<william@agencialivre.com.br> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "python3-postgresql".
>
> * Package name    : python3-postgresql
>  Version         : 1.0.1-2
>  Upstream Author : James William Pye <x@jwp.name>
> * URL             : http://python.projects.postgresql.org/
> * License         : BSD
>  Section         : python
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> python3-postgresql - pgsql driver, cluster management tools, and client
> tools

some comments:

- where is the ITP for this package?! if you don't know what it is and
why you need to file one before packaging something, google is your
friend.
- thanks for uploading -3 without updating this thread (so link in the
only email don't work)...
- more about it, why do you upload three revision for a NEW package?
just merge all the changelog in -1, and close there the ITP!
- consider joining the python modules team and maintain the package
there: http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam/HowToJoin

debian/control

- why do you name the source package python3-postgresql? it's wrong to
call it with the version of the interpreter (it's correct to name the
*binary* package that way, tho); just don't diverge from upstream and
call it py-postgresql
- remove XB-Python-Version , it's not used
- use priority optional, no need to be extra

debian/copyright

- remove all the useless comments "# Please chose a license for your
packaging work. If the program you package"
- are you sure BSD (upstream) and GPL-3 (packaging) licenses can work
together? consider they are distributed together, and you might need
to change the upstream code: can you do that freely? hint: it's
usually safe to choose the packaging license the same as upstream.

debian/rules
- why do you override dh_auto_build? doesn't dh already do all the
needful to build the package for all supported versions? same goes for
dh_install and dh_clean.
- remove useless comments

debian/watch
- once again, remove useless comments