Re: will different compiler generate different symbols?

2010/7/16 Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>:

> If so, you won't be alone, and I'm sure we'll end up with a transition
> plan.
>
> I've been holding off on adding symbols for C++ libraries until the
> support for C++ symbol patterns is in stable for exactly that reason.  It
> resolves the problem of different mangling between different C++ versions.
>
> --

Is it acceptable that a library come without symbols file?

I found my package will generate different symbols in different
platform(i386 & amd64), if I use symbols generated in amd64, it will
not compile in i386; if I use symbols generated in i386, it will not
compile in amd64, I have not test other platform, but I think it may
have the same problem too. so I want my package have no symbols file.

--
Liang Guo
http://bluestone.cublog.cn