Help me find a project to join!

Hi!

My name is Henrik. I have almost two years of experience of object-oriented programming and feel comfortable with Java, C#/C++, Python, MATLAB, GTK and Java Swing. Next month I will start my education to Master of Science in Engeneering at the Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden. I would like to contribute as a developer/programmer by writing code for a Debian project. I could do anything from building a GUI to writing a class for a specific problem. I am hoping joining a Debian project as a developer will improve my programming skills.

Please help me find a project to join! I have been looking through some bug reports and some projects that are up for adoption and I think I need some help to find a project that is on my level. What do debian developers usually start with?

Yours sincerely
Henrik
sphk2@hotmail.com