Re: Help for watch file

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:48:52 -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:

> David Paleino wrote:

> >> Sounds like Google changed their HTML again, which broke the redirector
> >> too:
> >>
> >> http://googlecode.debian.net/p/freemedform/
>
> Please do not continue spreading the use of that redirector. Just because
> there's one for sourceforge it doesn't mean it is okay to have one for other
> hosting services. We ideally want *none*.
>
> Also, I never saw a reply to Iustin Pop's email (basically saying nobody had
> actually contacted google code.)

I don't really remember such a mail, I must've missed it. Going to look back
into the archives.

> Neither a "+1" or something to the ticket[1] opened by somebody else.
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/support/issues/detail?id=4042

I replied to #581622 though.

However, trying to stay safe on the right side, I added a comment now.

> > I would've had tons of emails from angry users asking why it didn't work,
> > if the redirector was actually broken :)
>
> 16 packages use it, there should be none.

I'd say "patches welcome", but I'm not the uscan maintainer.
Only when uscan will support googlecode out of the box, or Google says it's not
a desired thing, I'll shut the service down.

If Google changes again, I find it better to change code in one place than in
tons of debian/watch files.

Kindly,
David

--