karmic whois versus lucid mkpasswd

Hi, The Astronaut package has a dependency on the mkpasswd command
which was in the whois package in Karmic and is now in the mkpasswd
package in Lucid. How does one make this work for apt-get using
reprepro pool? When I reprepro includedeb karmic astronaut-common.deb
with the whois package dependency in control rather than the
makepasswd dependeny it flags it as not being allowed to the pool
because it isn't the same file. Hmmmm. I would rather have one
astronaut-common that covers both dependencies for both distros but I
do not know how as they seem to be mutually exclusive.

-- IV