Re: RFS: roxterm (updated package)

Tony Houghton writes:
> Dear mentors,

Hi,

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.18.4-1
> of my package "roxterm".
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> roxterm    - Multi-tabbed GTK/VTE terminal emulator

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
> contrib non-free - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/roxterm/roxterm_1.18.4-1.dsc

> The changes file includes 1.18.3-1 which was not uploaded because my
> usual sponsor, George Danchev, had reservations
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-mentors@lists.debian.org/msg68488.html>
> . However, due to a bug which can cause roxterm to crash unpredictably
> (very serious because it can take any number of child processes with it),
> discussed at
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/roxterm/forums/forum/422638/topic/3711088>
> , I think replacement of 1.18.2-1 should be given fairly high priority.

It took me some time, and as I understand it, it is rev763, which fixes the
above mentioned issue, thus wouldn't be safer to just backport that change
(just reflecting connected/disconnected state) to the version in sid? It should
also be fairly easy. I should also admit that the subsequent COLORTERM changes
look trivial, and very low risk, thus these should also be acceptable, but if
you ask me I'd still go for former (rev763 only), unless you have a better
reason for the latter (more verbose changlogs are generally more helpful;-),
so please let me know.

P.S. I no longer intend to use that package, thus you will need another
sponsor for it or alternatively complete the DM-state. However I intend to
review and upload your urgent 'fixes' until after release of squeeze.

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>