Re: RFS: mobile-broadband-provider-info (updated package)

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Kartik Mistry <kartik@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Bhavani Shankar R <bhavi@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 20100616-1
>> of my package "mobile-broadband-provider-info".
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mobile-broadband-provider-info/mobile-broadband-provider-info_20100616-1.dsc
>
> Uploaded.

I was curious to see if I could find any issues since Kartik had no
comment on the upload at all.

Here is what I found (mostly minor stuff):

There is a typo in the package description: s/thier/their/

The package description has rather awkward grammar, please ask for
help to improve it on debian-l10n-english.

The upstream target in debian/rules should be named get-orig-source:

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-debianrules

The upstream source still contains references to SVN, but it is now
maintained in git, you might want to poke them about that.

Upstream might want to look at CC0, which is a more internationalised
version of CC-PD.

The package is yet to be debtagged:

http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/edit.html?pkg=mobile-broadband-provider-info

There are a ton of bugs filed on this package in Ubuntu and a couple
in Fedora. Presumably these are also present in the Debian package so
you may want to triage them, forward upstream, etc:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mobile-broadband-provider-info
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugs/mobile-broadband-provider-info

--
bye,