Re: Asking for DMUA: Yes while seeking first sponsor

On Tuesday 15 June 2010 05:42:43 Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au>
wrote:
> > The field should go away and be replaced with an out-of-band setting
> > that only a sponsor can change.
>
> Looks like there is the possibility of changing this:
>
> <Ganneff> feel free to give us dak patches making DM saner. you will be
> heard.
>
> (from the #debian-mentors)

Someone (preferrably a DD I suppose) feel free to look at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer as well. I don't see a disclaimer
stating anything about asking for DMUA while seeking a first time sponser.

And in regards to the DMUA field itself, it seems to me the intent was to have
DM's and DD's who've been working together for some time to agree to set the
field. I mean, you already have to get advocated by a DD in the first place,
agree to social contract, DFSG, and DMUP, then somehow manage to meet at least
one DD in person to get your key signed. Isn't it easier to warn and/or delist
DM's who abuse DMUA rather then change the current infrastructure?

--
Regards,
Andres Mejia