Re: Replacing my key

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 08:50:39PM +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:39:02PM +0300, George Danchev wrote:
>>On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 08:23:13PM +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
>>>
>>>I'm a sponsored maintainer (of roxterm) and I've just approached a
>>>local DD to have my key signed. He pointed out that SHA1-generated
>>>keys are deprecated so I should probably generate a new, more secure,
>>>key. As my old key is already presumably "in the system" due to
>>>existing versions of roxterm, how should I go about replacing it with
>>>a new one?

To generate a new key, please follow the instructions at:

http://keyring.debian.org/creating-key.html

>>There is nothing to replace. Your source package always gets rebuilt
>>by your sponsors and signed by their own gpg key, i.e. they are
>>responsible for the upload in the same way they are responsible for
>>their own packages uploads.  You can check that out with 'who-uploads
>>source_package_name'.

It's still a good thing to raplace your SHA-1 key with a new 4K RSA key.

>OK, that makes sense.

Please read "HOWTO prep for migration off of SHA-1 in OpenPGP" available
at:

http://www.debian-administration.org/users/dkg/weblog/48

The webpage at the address above will help you to migrate your
web-of-trust to the new 4K RSA key.