Re: A lot of pending packages

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:13 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> The fact is that there just aren't enough people who have time and are
> interested in sponsoring. Reviewing packages takes up a lot of time to
> do properly, especially for new packages. It has been this way for as
> long as I can remember.
So on one hand we have debian developers who lack time to review new
packages and on the other hand maintainers who are eagerly awaiting a
review or sponsorship of their package. Perhaps maintainers should
stand up and review some packages of their peers? One could even
change the template to a request for review for *new* packages, and
make it a request for sponsorship only after a successful review?