Re: RFS: ziproxy (updated package)

Christoph Egger <christoph@debian.org> writes:

Hi again!

> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/z/ziproxy/ziproxy_3.1.0-1.dsc

Some comments below

/---
+# we build arm without optimization for now...
+DEB_HOST_ARCH_OS := $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH_OS 2>/dev/null)
+ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_ARCH_CPU), arm)
+CFLAGS += -O0
+endif
\---

        You set ARCH_OS (linux|kfreebsd|hurd) to check ARCH_CPU
afterwards?  doesn't look that usefull

/---
+  * Disable optimization on arm (LP: #539874)
\---

        Actually I'd rather not apply such a workaround for a problem
that is caused by different choice of supported architecture between
ubuntu and debian and only present in ubuntu. The bug says it shou8ld
eventually be fixed in gcc and 'till then I guess it's one of the valid
reasons for a ubuntu diff.

        Though I'd upload it that way as well

/---
+  * Removed patch for Russian man page
\---

        You might want to say why you dropped it in the changelog (was
it accepted upstream ?)

Regards

        Christoph