Re: RFS: zd1211-firmware (updated package)

2010/5/30 Christian Kastner <debian@kvr.at>:
> What's the policy WRT the Debian revision on such changes, here on
> mentors? Should I have bumped the -1 to -2? -1 hasn't been sponsored
> yet, so I wasn't sure.

IANADD/M, but in general this depends on your sponsor.
Most prefer no revision bump as long as it was not uploaded
to the real archive, but your mileage may vary…

Bumping the revision implies mostly that the changes files need to include
also the "older" versions and the toolset needs to be instructed to do so
as the default is to only include the last version.
(See e.g. "man dpkg-genchanges" option -v.)

Good luck with your request & best regards,

David Kalnischkies