Re: RFS: clamz

Le Sat, May 29, 2010 at 06:49:26PM -0500, Chris a écrit :
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "clamz".
>
> * Package name    : clamz
>   Version         : 0.3-1

Dear Chris,

I had a quick look at your package. Is there any reason why you did not prepare
a package for version 0.4?

Also, there is an autogenerated patch in debian/patches, that adds a changelog
that is not in the upstream tarball. Is it intended? It looks redundant with
the README. If the reason for adding this file is to silence Lintian, you can
reach the same result with an override.

I downloaded the upstream tarball version 0.3 from Google Code, and it does
not have the same MD5 sum as the tarball used for your package. It seems
that you have repacked it (renaming the directory clamz-0.3.orig according
to the Developer's Reference), but I can not see any change…

Clamz is licenced under the GPL verson 3 or superior, and your packaging work,
and hence your patches are licenced under the GPL version 3. But the statement
is followed by ‘see above’, which suggests that the above ‘or superior’
statement may apply. This would be good if you want to forward your patches
(Have you done so for the correction to the Desktop file? You can document this
in the DEP-3 patch header). Can you clarify debian/copyright?

The package description should help the user to decide whether he wants to install
the package, but does not need to provide instructions of use. I recommend to
shorten it, removing the part that is redundant with the README.

Lastly, pardon my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the following lines in
debian/rules ?

export UPDATE_MIME_DATABASE = :
export UPDATE_DESKTOP_DATABASE = :

Have a nice day,