Re: RFS: gedit-r-plugin

Hi Mateusz

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 16:48, Mateusz Kaduk <mateusz.kaduk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for comments and suggestions.

you're welcome :)

> * removed dependency on cdbs

great, thanks for this!

> * removed dh_pysupport (not needed for this plugin)
> * added dependency on python and python support

mh, why do you add an explicit Depends on python-support while not
calling it in debian/rules and being present in .deb file? Just remove
it.

> * r-core-base was already in Recommended in case if one wants to edit
> R and run files remotely without installing R environment

yeah, that was my fault not spotting it before replying.

> * debian/patches/get_data_dir patch fixes the system wide path
> detection, without this patch plugin only works when installed in home
> directory

you have to describe it _inside_ teh file: just write a "Description:
blablabla" line at the beginning of the files, explaining why you need
it, what it does and so on.

Note about copyright: in ./RCtrl/Wizards/load_package.xml (and other
xml files) upstream declares 'copyright="(c) 2010 Dan Dediu" ' so I
think you should add 2010 to copyright years in debian/copyright.
Always check *every* file in the tarball for copyright & license
information.

Last thing you might want to consider are the Vcs-* field in
debian/control: it would be nice if you put the repo online and
activate those fields.

Once the above changes are done, feel free to recontact me to last
check (we hope) :)

Regards,