Re: RFS: liboauth (Updated package, License issue solved)

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Bilal Akhtar <bilalakhtar96@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The upstream dev has solved the licensing issue with OpenSSL.
> Now, the GPL licensed files are not linked.

Not quite, details in my other mail.

Remaining stuff:

> On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 20:34 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Bilal Akhtar <bilalakhtar96@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Probably you want dh-autoreconf instead of doing it manually. What is
>> the reason for running autotools anyway?
>> Insert my standard comment about library package descriptions, think
>> about the audience for each one. -dev package will be manually
>> installed by people developing apps using liboauth and also as part of
>> build-depends. liboauth0 should only be installed automatically so it
>> doesn't need a verbose description.
>> No need to be so specific with the manual page path, usr/share/man/
>> should do it.

Likewise you don't need the asterisks for usr/include and usr/lib/pkgconfig.

>> Should you be depending on locales/locales-all too?
>>
>> Do you need to install the static library and .la file? Debian seems
>> to be moving towards not installing either of these.
>>
>> autotools warnings (send upstream):
>>
>> libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.ac and
>> libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in-tree.
>> libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.

I think you papered over this one by not running libtoolize,
autoreconf --verbose gives this unless I pass it --install.

autoreconf: configure.ac: not running libtoolize: --install not given

That said, upstream seems to have fixed these warnings.

Other issues:

I: liboauth0: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/liboauth.so.0.5.2

Always put a comment in the overrides file to indicate why you
override a lintian warning.

--
bye,
pabs