Re: RFS: gordon

On Fri, 14 May 2010 14:43:23 +0800 Paul Wise wrote:
> Your RFS mail is missing some things from the standard template.
> Specifically, I'm interested in your motivation for packaging this.

I'm interested in this because it provides an alternative option for
bringing flash/flashvideo to Debian (vs. gnash and/or adobe).  It gives
web developers a better known/controlled platform to develop their
applications.

> Do some packages already in Debian embed this?

I am not aware of any embedders at present, but it's very new.  I'm
sure it'll get dumped into some package at some point.

> Also, folks on #debian-devel were discussing it and it seems that it
> is just a proof of concept, so is it really worth packaging?

I don't really see why not.  It was easy enough to put it together
(probably about an hour of my time or less the other day), and it
doesn't really add any negative overhead (it fits in 40kiB).  As an
analogy, the Linux kernel started out as a proof-of-concept terminal
emulator, and look at how much its grown in 20 years :)  Give it time.

Mike