Re: auto editing changelog

Hello, bonjour, ciao :-)

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 09:56:07PM +0300, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:

> Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,
>
> Into the debian/directory, there is the changelog file.
> I feel it heavy to get and format the date, then paste it in the file.
>
> I mostly use Emacs when editing my package.
>
> Is there an Emacs thing to do it automatically?

Great, then you simply can install the devscripts package (might be
installed already) which provides the useful dch program which you
typically invoke (while sitting in the top source directory
that contains the debian/ directory) using :

$ dch

This will open debian/changelog in emacs with an updated `date -R`
line.

$ man dch

for all the *many* options available to you.

Also note that you may want to install the dpkg-dev-el package, which
provides the debian-changelog mode to properly highlight the syntax of
the changelog file.

Happy hacking,

Best regards,
                 Filippo

--
Filippo Rusconi, PhD - CNRS - public key C78F687C
Author of ``massXpert''     at http://www.massxpert.org