Re: RFS: gnome-media-player

I demand that Bilal Akhtar may or may not have written...

> I am looking for a sponsor for the following package. The source package
> dsc can be found on
> http://expatsinksa.com/gnome-media-player_0.1.2-1.dsc . I had to host it
> on my own website since mentors.d.n is broken.

> * Package name    : gnome-media-player
>   Version         : 0.1.2
>   Upstream Author : Michael Lamothe <michael.lamothe@gmail.com>
[snip]

WRT xine-lib, you should be making use of xine-list-1.1 (or xine-list-1.2, if
you happen to be using libxine-dev from experimental). This is used to ensure
that the MIME types list for your desktop file is correct; see also gxine
source (specifically, debian/gxine.postinst.in and debian/gxine.postrm, and
the corresponding rules in debian/rules).

You need to depend on ${xine-x:Depends} (I want to get rid of libxine1's
dependencies on libxine1-x and libxine1-console) and, once the next xine-lib
upload is done, you should also be able to recommend ${xine-ffmpeg:Depends}
instead of libxine1-ffmpeg.

To do this, you need to run dh_xine prior to running dh_gencontrol. This is
not automated with dh 7 (actually, not yet; I have local changes which should
allow this).

As things stand, just "dh_xine" will do; after the next xine-lib upload,
"dh_xine x ffmpeg" will generate the substvars referenced above (for all
packages created from your source package; debhelper's -p option applies).

(Don't ask me about how to do this with cdbs...)

--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Toon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | back!
|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/> (PGP 2.6, GPG keys)

Having the fewest wants, I am nearest to the gods.