Re: Specifying %{variable} in control file for use in postinst?

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Then change that. :)
>
> We have rpm in Debian. Let them have dpkg.
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

As much as I know, dpkg and debootstrap are both available as RPM
packages for CentOS. But that doesn't mean you can use dpkg to install
stuffs on your system. RPM and dpkg dbs are really different (now, they
use sqlite, as much as I understood).

As for yum and rpm in Debian. I'm the maintainer of yum, and I quite
know that it's use is only to setup other distros in chroots.

Anyway, do not worry, I am a Debian fan! :)

Thomas